I'm Christian
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Members of the Church of God, International

2 posters

Go down

The Members of the Church of God, International Empty The Members of the Church of God, International

Post by Isaac 2008-05-26, 19:15

Hi Everyone,

Before we start to discuss about our religious group, we would like you to know us first, who are we as a group.

The Members Church of God, International is a religious congregation aiming to carry out the delivery of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ to mankind. The Biblical foundation of our group are those that are written in Ephesians 3:6; 1 Thessalonians 2:14; 1 Timothy 3:15; 1 Corinthians 1:1-2; and 1 Thessalonians 1:1,4. The Church of God is not founded by Bro. Eli Soriano or by Bro. Nicholas Perez, but rather by God the Father through His Son Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 3:15; 1 Corinthians 1:2, 9). Our duty and obligation to propagate the Gospel of Christ shall be undertaken until the consumation of the ages, which can teach the the wisdom of God for the salvation of mankind (read Luke 8:1-3; Ephesians. 3:10; and II Timothy 3:14-17).

A misconception by others is that our group is called "Ang Dating Daan". We should know that Ang Dating Daan or The Old Path is a Bible Exposition on-air program by the Philippine-based religious organization, MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF GOD INTERNATIONAL, which has the primary objective to promote and encourage the careful reading and understanding of the untarnished Gospel of Christ in the Bible.

Here is a brief history of our group.

Known to be highly principled and incomparable in upholding God's righteousness, the Church, formerly known as the CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS, PILLAR AND GROUND OF THE TRUTH is now known as MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF GOD INTERNATIONAL. The late Nicolas Antiporda Perez, Ka Perez, was the first leader of this group.

When Nicolas Perez died in 1975, Eliseo Soriano Y Fernando pacified a group of believers whose spirits were dampened by the unexpected death of their leader. Although there existed no appointed official successor, Eliseo Soriano nurtured the flock and kept it intact. He taught them that the death of leader does not mean the disintegration of the church. Driven by extreme greed for power, his former colleagues embarked on dark schemes against him and launched an underground plot to malign and discredit Eliseo Soriano before the members.

Seeing this, Eliseo Soriano, together with a few hundred, immediately left the group. In 1980, they registered as MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS, PILLAR AND GROUND OF TRUTH, PHILIPPINES, appointing Eliseo Soriano as Presiding Minister. With this development, a prophecy in the Book of Zachariah was realized (Zach. 13:8-9). While the organization headed by Eliseo Soriano progressed and grew, the other two organizations diminished in number, with vague and obscure doctrines.

Among the three groups, Eliseo Soriano’s group became known for upholding the “former” things—of the things in the past. It became known for rendering obedience to God in the same way the first of God’s people obeyed Him truthfully. The attributes of the real city of God continued to live in this organization: firm in its stand and fearless in upholding the truth. This group continues to propagate God’s teachings worldwide – despite the negative concerted efforts and harassment from its religious foes and the government.

In the eyes of men and God, this group remains to bear a seal, a seal that is impressed in the hearts and minds of the people. In these last days, there remains an organization that is worthy of the people’s trust—an organization better known as “THE OLD PATH.”

Our group is composed of different ministries namely Church Workers Ministry (Pagmamanggagawa), Charity and Social Welfare Ministry (Lingap Kapatid), Broadcast Ministry, Youth Ministry (a.k.a. KKTK or Kapisanan ng Kabataan Tungo sa Kasakdalan), Music Ministry, Prison Ministry, and Foreign Ministry.

An important mission of our group is to propagate the Gospel of Christ to fellowmen all over the world. We are determined to convert sinners to believe and glorify God, bringing them in His fold, teaching them righteousness, and make them qualified for eternal life in heaven (read I Corinthians 1:9,2; Ephesians 4:1,10,14; Acts 2:38; Philippians 1:27; I Peter 1:15-16; Ephesians 2:10; and I Thessalonians 1:1). We follow the fundamental doctrines for Christians religiously and conscientiously, righteousness as a way of life, and to be law abiding citizens (read Ephesians 2:12-13; Acts 26:18; 14:15; 17:29; Romans 13: 1-7; I Peter 2:13; and Proverbs 8:15-16).

We believe that the God the Father is the creator of the universe, Jesus Christ is His begotten son, being a true and Mighty God who is the only savior and the only way to the Kingdom of God in heaven (read Acts 14:15; I Corinthians 8:5-7; and John 14:6, 14:1). We believe that we DON'T establish their own church (i.e. not established by Bro. Eli Soriano) but are just associating ourselves in the same body or Church written in the Gospel by accepting and executing the doctrines written by the Apostles (read Ephesians 3:6; Colossians 1:18; I John 2:25; 1:3-4; I Corinthians 12:27; Psalm 127:1; and I Timothy 3:15).

Here are the basic doctrines observed by our group.

Section 1

We believe in the Almighty God, the Father, the Creator of the universe, in Christ Jesus, the Father’s begotten son, a true and Mighty God, the only savior of mankind and the only way to the Kingdom of God in heaven ( Acts 14:15; I Cor. 8:5-7; John 14:6; 14:1 ).

Section 2

We believe that only the Bible or the Holy Scriptures, composed of 66 inspired books, teaches the full wisdom of God for the salvation of man and that no other books should be used as basis for serving God and Christ Jesus ( Romans 1:16-17; 2:16; Gal. 1:8-9; II Thes. 1:1-9; John 20:31; Isa. 34:16; John 5:39 ).

Section 3

We believe that the God the Father sent His son Jesus Christ, instrumental in the establishment of the CHURCH OF GOD INTERNATIONAL, INC., the congregation of the Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, etc; first planted in the city of Jerusalem, and later on scattered and preached by the Apostles in different places of Asia Minor ( Matt. 16:18; Acts 8:1; Gal. 1:22; I Thes.2:14 ).

Section 4

We believe that the Gentile nations including the Philippines, are partakers of the promise, the ETERNAL LIFE, through belief in Christ Jesus and the Gospel and are not authorized by God TO ESTABLISH THEIR OWN CHURCH, but are mere members associated with the same body or Church written in the Gospel by accepting and executing the doctrines written by the Apostles ( Ephe. 3:6; Col. 1:18; I John 2:25; 1:3-4; I Cor. 12:27; Psalm 127:1; I Tim. 3:15 ).

Section 5

We believe that God is calling His people with determination to serve Him, bringing them in His fold, teaching them righteousness after baptism for their sins to be covered by the priceless blood of Christ poured in Mount Calvary, for the redemption of sin, to make them qualify for life eternal in heaven ( I Cor. 1: 9,2; Ephe. 4:1,10,14; Acts 2:38; Phil. 1:27; I Pet. 1:15-16; Ephe. 2:10; I Thes. 1:1 ).

Section 6

We believe that Christ descended on earth from the bosom of Father, suffered for the redemption of sin, died in the cross, resurrected after three days, ascended in heaven and sit on the right side of God.

Section 7

We believe that all Christian believers should always attend the divine service executed by the administrator of the members of the church or of the congregation every first day of the week, wherein they should sing hymns, hear sermons, offer prayers and alms which is always voluntary according to his faith ( Heb. 10:25; Acts 20:7; I Cor. 14:28: Acts 1:14; I Cor. 16:3; II Cor. 9:7-8, 12-13 ).

Section 8

We believe that the most important duty and obligation of the members of the Church of God International, INC. is to propagate the Gospel of Christ on earth until the consummation of the ages, for only the church can teach the wisdom of God for the salvation of mankind (Luke 8:1-3; Ephe. 3:10; II Tim 3:14-17 ).

Bro. Eli Soriano is our group's presiding minister, a man, a leader and a servant, remaining steadfast in his faith. "Amidst all hardships, trials, and persecutions, his unwavering commitment and dedication to mankind is undeniable. He has been offering his strength, time, and love for more than four decades now, for the glory of his Creator, to prove that he is truly God’s humble messenger in these last days." Personally, he is the only one I know who is following everything he preaches. Some examples are giving contributions (he is also giving contributions like the rest of the members), attending gatherings (though he is the speaker, he attends gatherings being one of the members, watching himself as he is amazed of the wisdom he just said), and offering thanksgiving in front of the congregation (sometimes he is one of the crowds presenting their offering of psalms and dance for the delight of the Almighty Father). To know more about him, visit his blog site http://esoriano.wordpress.com/

Sources:
1. Members of the Church of God International Official Website: http://www.angdatingdaan.org/
2. The Official Blog of the Presiding Minister, Members of the Church of God, International: http://esoriano.wordpress.com/

Your Brother in Christ,
Gilbert Isaac

Last edited by Isaac on 2008-05-29, 05:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting)
Isaac
Isaac

Male Number of posts : 20
Believer or Not? : Ang Dating Daan (MCGI)
Site: :
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

The Members of the Church of God, International Empty Re: The Members of the Church of God, International

Post by reylabs 2008-05-27, 13:16

Yes, our belief is strictly based on the bible.If you have something to ask anything about any faith,ask Bro Eli Soriano and he will answer you directly from the bible.Visit the web and you will find the most sensible preacher of our time. Smile

Servant of GOD,

REYLABS

Last edited by reylabs on 2008-05-27, 13:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lacks where it came from.)
reylabs
reylabs

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

The Members of the Church of God, International Empty Ask Bro. Eli Soriano

Post by Isaac 2008-05-27, 14:04

Bro. Eli is available and willing to answer your questions concerning Salvation and Christian Faith. You can catch him during Worldwide Bible Expositions where the audience can ask questions LIVE while Bro. Eli answers those right after you asked! By the way, if you're from Manila, we're inviting everyone to attend our Bible Exposition at Araneta Coliseum this coming June 3, 2008 at 7pm.

You can also catch Bro. Eli at The Brother Eli Soriano Podcast at Talkshoe: http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/56964
Isaac
Isaac

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

The Members of the Church of God, International Empty Re: The Members of the Church of God, International

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down